General Questions for MariaDB Hosting
01. What service do you provide?
- What we provide is a fully managed MariaDB-as-a-Service hosting service. Our MariaDB hosting environment is built on our self-developed cloud application management platform.
02. What's your MariaDB-as-a-Service hosting platform?
- It is our quick evolving MariaDB hosting solution. It takes advantage of container and Kubernetes, which is the most popular and dominant container-orchestration system.
03. What does the fully managed hosting service mean?
- Fully managed MariaDB hosting means that all MariaDB online databases on our platform are completely managed by us, such as the application deployment, migration, backup, security and upgrade.
04. What functions does your control panel provide?
- Aside from general operations to manage your hosting, our control panel supports MariaDB administrative functions, including database & user management, Firewall Rules, and Shell / SSH.
05. How do you provide technical support?
- We provide technical support 24/7 via email. Sales department is available 24/7 via live chat and email. Billing department can be approached Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m via email.
06. What is the philosophy behind your managed MariaDB hosting service?
- Our philosophy is to provide managed MariaDB hosting services with affordable prices to small and medium-sized businesses.
07. How many data centers do you have?
- Currently, we have four data centers located in Dallas, Bend, Charlotte, and Denver, allowing clients to deploy applications as close to their target audience as possible.
08. Do you provide any GUI tools for MariaDB management?
- Yes, we provide phpMyAdmin, an open-source web-based database administration interface, for you to manage your MariaDB online.
Technical Questions for MariaDB Hosting
01. What MariaDB version do you support?
- Currently, we support MariaDB 10.3 and 10.5.6.
02. Does your managed MariaDB support SSL connection?
- Yes. The SSL connection is enabled by default for each newly created MariaDB on our MariaDB hosting platform.
03. Do you do backups for my online MariaDB database?
- Yes. Our MariaDB Kubernetes platform takes backups for each database regularly. The backup frequency varies by hosting plan.
04. Can I take backups of my database in your MariaDB cloud hosting?
- Yes. You can back up the databases via our MariaDB hosting control panel and download them.
05. Do you have access limits to my MariaDB in the managed MariaDB hosting service?
- No. We do not set limits on your access to MariaDB.
06. How can I manage my MariaDB databases and users?
- You can manage databases and users in the control panel in our cheap MariaDB hosting.
07. Do you support shared hosting in your cheap MariaDB hosting?
- No. Our fully managed MariaDB on Kubernetes is based on standalone MariaDB instance.
08. What cloud providers and regions do you support in your cheap MariaDB hosting?
- We currently support the private cloud from our four data centers in Dallas, Bend, Charlotte, and Denver. We are building more data centers and will support most of the popular public cloud providers in more regions in the near future.
09. What MariaDB storage engine do you support?
- We currently support InnoDB for our cheap MariaDB hosting.
10. How can I migrate my MariaDB database onto your platform?
- We support the standard MariaDB tool to restore your local backup onto our MariaDB’s Kubernetes-based platform.
11. Can I monitor the resource usage of MariaDB on MariaDB hosting plans?
- Yes. Our control panel supports real-time resource usage monitoring. Please refer to this guide article on how you can do it.
12. Do you support MariaDB Cluster?
- No. We support single-instance MariaDB deployment.
13. What is the default maximum number of connections for online MySQL?
- The maximum connections are 1000.
14. Do you provide root user for online MariaDB?
- No, we do not provide a root user by default. However, clients can create super users in our client panel.
Sales Questions for MariaDB Hosting
01. Can I try MariaDB hosting plans before payment?
- Yes. New clients can enjoy a free trial before payment.
02. What MariaDB hosting plan should I start with?
- If you are not sure what plan you should start with, you can choose a primitive plan and upgrade to a higher level when necessary. Our MariaDB hosting plan upgrade is very smooth here. There is almost no downtime during the process.
03. How long does it take to set up my MariaDB online?
- The deployment of a MariaDB on our platform can be a matter of minutes, even seconds.
04. Do you have a download file and IP that I can test the network speed?
- Yes. You can test our network speed at the Data Centers page.
05. Do you offer any network and server uptime guarantee?
- Yes. We offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee for our network and all servers.
06. What is difference between free trial services and paid services
- In the free-trial period, you will be able to enjoy our paid services for free.
07. How can I continue my service after the free trial?
- If you decide to continue using the service, you need to prepay for the hosting service before the trial is over. We will send you an invoice after you complete your billing information so that you can make the payment upfront.
08. How many free trial deployments can I have?
- For each account, three free deployments are allowed at a time during the trial.
09. How can I get my free trial?
- To start a free trial, please sign up at https://www.mariaclusters.com and click the "Free Trial" button at the end of your interested plan.
10. Can I end my trial and upgrade the plan?
- Of course. You can upgrade to the paid subscription at any time during the free trial. Thank you.
Billing Questions for MariaDB Hosting
01. What payment methods do you support?
- Currently, we accept PayPal and credit card.
02. How can I get a lower price?
- You can get it by choosing a longer billing cycle. The longer the billing cycle is, the lower the price is.
03. How can I set an automatic payment via PayPal?
- Please refer to the guide article.
04. How can I change billing cycle?
- Please log in to your control panel and navigate to 'My Applications' to update your billing cycle.